Article 1 – Definitions
Article 2 – Identity of the entrepreneur
Article 3 – Applicability
Article 4 – The offer
Article 5 – The agreement
Article 6 – Right of withdrawal
Article 7 – The price
Article 8 – Payment
Article 9 – Delivery and execution
Article 10 – duration transactions : duration, cancellation, extension
Article 11 – limitation of liability
Article 12 – conformity and guarantee
Article 13 – Complaints procedure
Article 14 – Disputes
Article 1 – Definitions
- Cooling-off period: the period within which the purchaser may exercise his right of cancellation.
- Purchaser: a private individual, not acting in a professional or business capacity, who enters into a contract with Jackie’s Chocolates.
- Day: calendar day ;
- Duration transaction : a distance agreement concerning a series of products and/or services, the purchase and/or delivery of which is spread over time.
- Durable data storage system: any means that the purchaser or vendor employs to store information which is addressed to him/her personally in order to facilitate future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
- Right of withdrawal: the purchaser’s right to cancel the contract within the cooling- off period.
- Vendor: legally authorized individual who offers products or services to the purchaser.
- Distance contract/Distance agreement: in the context of Jackie’s Chocolates, a sales contract or agreement concluded by other means than in person at point of sale, using one or more techniques for distance communication,
- Technology for distance communication: any means that can be used to conclude a distance agreement.
Article 2 – Identity
06 4479 2381
Chamber of Commerce: 34353411
Article 3 – applicability
- These terms and conditions apply to every offer made by the vendor and come into force on each transaction effected between vendor and purchaser.
- Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these terms and conditions will be made available to the purchaser. If this is not reasonably immediately possible, the vendor will send a copy of the terms and conditions to the purchaser by an agreed means as quickly as possible and free of charge.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, in derogation from the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these terms and conditions will be made available to the purchaser by such electronic means as shall enable the purchaser to store it in a storage system. Should this not be reasonably possible, the vendor will inform the purchaser where the information may be consulted electronically or shall make the information available to the purchaser free of charge by an agreed means.
- Jackie’s Chocolates at all times retains the right to alter or supplement the terms and conditions with reference to future orders.
Article 4 – The offer
- If an offer is valid for a limited period or has conditions attached, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- An offer shall contain a complete description of the products, digital content or services offered. The description shall be sufficiently detailed for the purchaser to make a proper assessment of the offer, on the understanding that the Vendor may allow the flavours of the chocolates to vary. If the vendor makes use of created images, these shall be a true representation of the product offered. Obvious mistakes or manifest errors in an offer are not binding on the vendor.
- Every offer shall contain sufficient information to make clear to the purchaser what rights and obligations are attached to the acceptance of the offer.
Article 5 – The contract
Subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, an agreement is concluded at the time of acceptance by the purchaser, under the following conditions.
- If the purchaser has accepted an offer by electronic means, Jackie’s Chocolates will confirm confirms the receipt of the acceptance of the offer without delay by similar means. If this acceptance is not confirmed by Jackie’s Chocolates, the buyer may cancel the agreement.
- If an agreement is concluded electronically, Jackie’s Chocolates will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the electronic transfer of data in a secure web environment. If the purchaser can pay by electronic means, Jackie’s Chocolates will take suitable security measures.
- Jackie’s Chocolates may use legal means to determine whether a purchaser is able to meet his/her payment obligations and can comply with all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance agreement. If Jackie’s Chocolates after such research has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, the business is entitled to refuse or attach special conditions to an order or request.
Article 6 – Right of withdrawal
There is no legal right of return with respect to foodstuffs and perishable goods. Every purchase is therefore final and will not be taken back by Jackie’s Chocolates.
Article 7 – Price
- All prices are expressed in euros and are inclusive of VAT or any other tax imposed by the authorities but excluding transportation/delivery costs.
- The purchaser owes the price agreed at the last stage of the ordering process, and which Jackie’s Chocolates has communicated in its order confirmation. Obvious errors or inaccuracies which may have occurred in the quotation may be corrected by Jackie’s Chocolates after the conclusion of the agreement.
- Delivery costs will be clearly communicated to the purchaser. Additional conditions or costs may apply to certain payment methods. These will be duly communicated to the purchaser.
Article 8 – payment
- For orders made through the Website, payment can be made in the following ways:
- Other means of payment may be added in the future. Such an extension of payment options will also be announced through the Website.
- As part of the ordering process you will be automatically forwarded to your chosen electronic payment environment. To guarantee security of payment and personal information, transaction data are encrypted via SSL technology. You do not need special software. You recognize a secure SSL connection by the “lock” in the bottom status bar of your browser.
- Invoiced orders must be paid within 14 days.
Article 9 – delivery and execution
- All products will be delivered to the purchaser at the address provided with the order .
- Orders are processed and delivered as quickly as possible. Jackie’s Chocolates aims to deliver the order within the time specified in the individual order confirmation. Possible delays will in no case be compensated. Incorrectly given delivery addresses are the responsibility of the buyer, who will be held liable for extra costs incurred. If a product is temporarily not in stock at the time of the order, it will be indicated when the product should be available again. Jackie’s Chocolates aims to report delays to the purchaser by email as quickly as possible, and in any case within 3 working days.
- If prompt delivery should not be possible, Jackie’s Chocolates shall notify the purchaser before the expiry of the communicated delivery period. Should Jackie’s Chocolates fail to do so, the purchaser may cancel the order free of charge. In this event, Jackie’s Chocolates will return the purchase price within 30 days of the cancellation of the order.
- Once the products have been delivered to the specified address, all risks concerning the products devolves on the purchaser. Note the storage conditions: store in a cool, dry dark place at a temperature of 18o/19oC.
- In the absence of the purchaser the order will be delivered to the neighbours. When this is not possible, a new delivery appointment will be made with the purchaser.
- Jackie’s Chocolates is not responsible for failed deliveries when:
- the purchaser has provided an incorrect or out-of-date address, and …
- does not provide a correct / new address within 24 hours.
- Should Jackie’s Chocolates fail to carry out these obligations its liability will in no case exceed the purchase price of the product in question.
- Given the nature of the product, PO Box addresses are not accepted.
- At temperatures or predicted temperatures of higher than 21 degrees Celsius Jackie’s Chocolates will not deliver chocolate products which can spoil at those temperatures. The purchaser will be informed on time.
Article 10 – Duration transactions : duration, extension, cancellation
- The purchaser can cancel an agreement that has been concluded for an indefinite period and that involves regular delivery of services, subject to the agreed cancellation regulations and at a notice period not exceeding one month.
- The purchaser can cancel a contract that has been concluded for a definite period (subscription) and that extends to the regular delivery of services, only before the first delivery has been made. Once the first delivery has taken place, it is no longer possible to cancel.
- A contract that has been concluded for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of services may not be extended or renewed for a fixed term without notice.
- A contract that has been concluded for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of services may only be extended for an indefinite period, which the purchaser may at all times cancel with a notice period not exceeding one month.
Article 11 – Limitation of liability.
1.The liability of Jackie’s Chocolates concerning possible damage is always limited to the amount of the last order.
2. Jackie’s Chocolates makes every effort to provide unbroken access to its website. However, considering the need to carry out periodic maintenance, updates or upgrades, Jackie’s Chocolates cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to and service from the website. In the case of normally accepted interruptions or problems of access, we will make every effort to find a solution as soon as possible. Such interruptions or malfunctions are inherent in sales via the internet. These cannot be considered as shortcomings and will not give rise to damages .
Article 12 – conformity and guarantee.
- Jackie’s Chocolates guarantees that its products will conform to the order placed and will comply with normal e expectations that the buyer may have. bill containing the specifications of the chocolate product. In addition, Jackie’s Chocolates ensures that its chocolate products comply with all laws existing at the time of the order.
- The Products sold by Jackie’s Chocolates are fresh foods with a limited shelf life. We do our utmost to ensure that a correct and safe delivery takes place, considering the freshness of its products, but cannot give an absolute guarantee on the quality of the transportation. The buyer is in addition obliged to store the received order according to our storage conditions. (see article 9 paragraph 5) in order to guarantee the quality of the chocolates.
- In the exceptional case that the quality of the delivered products should in any way be compromised, the purchaser must provide immediate proof thereof at the time of delivery. The buyer is always obliged to inspect the order carefully immediately upon receipt. Complaints from the purchaser concerning externally visible defects in the products or transportation (for example, if the products are not fresh or have been damaged in transit) must be communicated to Jackie’s Chocolates by the purchaser by telephone or e-mail at the latest within 4 hours after the time of receipt.
- Defects caused by not following the storage instructions on time cannot be recovered from Jackie’s Chocolates.
Article 13 – Complaints procedure
- Jackie’s Chocolates offers a fully disclosed complaints procedure and handles complaints in accordance with it.
- Should the purchaser have a complaint about his/her purchase, this can be communicated by telephone (+31 (0) 644792381) or by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) .
- Jackie’s Chocolates responds to submitted complaints as quickly as possible, and in any case within 7 days from the date of receipt. If it can be foreseen that a complaint shall take longer to process, Jackie’s Chocolates shall acknowledge the complaint within 7 days and indicate when the purchaser can expect a comprehensive answer.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, a dispute arises that is subject to our dispute procedure.
Article 14 – disputes
- On agreements between Jackie’s Chocolates and the purchaser to which these terms and conditions apply, only Dutch law applies. In cases of disputes arising from an agreement between Jackie’s Chocolates and a purchaser which cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the competent court in Amsterdam will be informed, unless Jackie’s Chocolates prefers to submit the dispute to the competent court of the purchaser’s place of residence, and with the exception of those disputes that are part of the jurisdiction of the subdistrict court.